Unknown
Well, I've now realized that this round of prednisone compared to last year's has one major difference.  Last year it helped a little with energy, but this time, I feel like my body is raging with adrenaline.  It just won't shut off.  Unfortunately, seeing as I had another dose today, I cannot foresee sleeping yet again tonight.  From all the experience with little kids that keep getting up at night, I am surprised that this side effect hasn't gotten me more "down".   I wake up the next day being tired, yet also feeling like I've slept the night before -- even though I haven't.  Normally, when I don't sleep for days, I would have a very difficult time coping.  This time, not so much.  I guess that is because I'm reveling in the experience of not getting tired all day.  My body just keeps going.  This is what it feels like to be human (for lack of a better word).  So for now, the displeasure of not being able to sleep much is far surpassed with the current joy of getting my body to move without ceasing.  This all being said before I head off to try another night of sleep, so I *might* change my mind tomorrow if I don't succeed.  I can't imagine how long my body will hold out without sleeping. At least I'm done with the therapy so it should eventually start slowing down in my system.

I had a good hour to dive more into the book that is challenging all that is within this confused brain.  I'll end today's post with a few paragraphs:

I've noticed before that people often don't feel like they have any choices when they're going through difficult circumstances.  They feel as if all of their options have been taken away.  And that's true to a certain extent -- but only to a certain extent.
You may not have had a choice on whether you could have kids or whether your loved one passed away or whether you got fired or your husband had an affair. 

But you do get to choose how you respond.  And in that choice lies an amazing amount of hope.  That choice is what makes the journey of transformation possible.

While life is uncertain, God is not.
While our power is limited, God's is limitless.
While our hope may be fragile, God is hope himself.

* Overnight Update:  Slept okay actually. Only was woken up by Jordan getting up at 5:45am to go to his exercise class (Mom.. where are my gloves?!).  However, upon waking I realized my lovely migraine was back from last week.  Am thankful for the sleep, and praying for the release of the explosion occurring in my head. Have a great day everyone! :)
0 Responses