Well.. it's been another week, and must say that things are still improving. I haven't had fatigue in a month or more. I have felt the strength of my muscles improve.  Is it really possible that I could still be seeing improvements from the procedure in Poland?   Does it realy take that long?  Or, perhaps is my body just finally settling down from all the attacks I've had in the past year?  I'm wanting to believe the first!

My right foot, which is where the symptoms first started, is actually less numb than it's been in a year!  It's wonderful to be able to wear shoes again with them being very uncomfortable and constantly in pain. I have no pain there anymore, and only slight numbness. My right leg hasn't changed much though, and so wanting to believe it's like a garden hose.  you turn the water on, and it goes from the source of water all the way to the end of the hose, and sometimes this can take quite some time to reach the end.  Perhaps, in the start of my healing process, much like the flow of a hose, it is starting at the beginning of my original symptoms, my right foot.  Perhaps it will move from there, up my leg and I'll continue to see healing of the numbness over time.  At least that is my hope!

I actually jogged around our lake this morning, albeit it was a walk, then jog, then walk, etc. but it felt AMAZING to feel like I was LIVING again!  We'll see how my body treats me tomorrow, but I just couldn't help myself, as my fast walk turned into the jog.  I used to love to jog.  As a teen, I would exercise often, and HARD .. it's just part of who I am. 110% or nothing -- all the way.

Julianna's Turtle Friend
On our way around the lake, little Julianna said "there's a turtle".  I didn't respond because I thought she was being silly.  But yes, there was a turtle!  What a beautiful walk filled with God's amazing creatures (can live without the Can. Geese and their lovely droppings though).  Even saw an eagle on the way too.

It's been a challenge to lay around so much the past year. I can only pray this is the start of something great, and not just a short season of health.  I will continue to pray in that direction!

It feels great to play with my kids, run around with them, and be the mom that my heart wants to be -- and now my body will let me!
10 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulation! hope to see improvement everyday:)

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulation! hope to see improvement everyday:)

  3. ♥ Gloria Says:


    This is such FANTASTIC news! I am happy and overjoyed at the healing that is happening in your body! The fact that you were able to jog today ... what a blessing! Only one that hasn't been able to do such a thing & then get's the gift back, can truely understand how beautiful it really is! Many HUGS to you today!!!! My heart is singing for you!


  4. Unknown Says:

    What wonderful news, I'm so happy you're starting to see some signs of improvement.

    I'm wondering if we should try, if you have time, to get together over the summer for a coffee or something? I would love to meet your 3 youngsters. You always said you wanted lots of kids and you got them!! :)

  5. Trina Says:


    I've been following your blog since your procedure and am so happy to hear things are slowly truly improving for you.

    If I remember correctly, you're in the Lower Mainland(?). I'm in Vancouver, and I wanted to know if you have a supportive neurologist? Mine is not and I hope to find a new one with an open mind.

  6. Unknown Says:

    Thanks for your encouragement!

    MD.. would love to!

    Trina, I go to the Burnaby clinic, but I wouldn't say they are supportive, but neither are they completely against it. I think they are in the "wait and see until it's proven" ground.

    This truly, I believe, is something you'd have to do for yourself .. take your health care into your own hands. :)

  7. Trina Says:

    My neuro is COMPLETELY against it. I had an appt. with him at the end of June and it was like he was reading off the same script most neuros I read about. I wished I my old neuro didn't move away...she was an awesome dr. I've taken the first step to taking my health into my own hands and have quit Tysabri. That stuff did nothing for me. Next step is testing/treatment in the US in a couple of months. Fingers crossed they find something

  8. Anonymous Says:

    Hi Dawna,

    I've been reading your blog and am so happy to hear things are turning around. Dr Simka said some people can take 3 to 6 months to see improvements. Maybe your one of them and the best is yet to come. Sending you hugs and wishing you the best.


  9. San D Says:

    I am so happy that you are doing so much better. I follow your blog and live near you across the river. I can visualize you running around the lake and let me say, I'd be ecstatic if I could WALK around it again. Good for you!!!!

  10. Natalie Says:

    Just makes my heart sing for you. So nice to read about such a positive outcome for you!

    Natalie Prince George