As I sit here distracted by the pain in my body, I am trying to sort out the feelings tumbling around inside me.   Do I seek re-treatment? Will it help?  I must try.  What if it doesn't help?

With respect to re-treatment for CCSVI, I found a location closer to my home and have decided to choose that option, because it will save us a lot of money in doing so!  I'm sure New York is amazing this time of year (cold and snow), but I'll have to settle for Seattle's rain.

I have an appointment for my next angioplasty on January 7, 2011.  I think somewhere along the way I have lost a lot of my ability to hope for better health in my life, and faith that that it can happen. Yet, somewhere within me, there is something that wants to give it one more shot -- perhaps there is a little fight left in me.

For those of you who have supported us in the past, family and friends, we would greatly appreciate prayer during this time.  Prayer for safety and peace for our family, especially the children.

The cost of this procedure is $5,800 US, which I think is a really good price compared to other places.  Some of you have mentioned to me over the past year to let you know if I started fund raising again (should I do another procedure). Honestly, I don't think I will do active fund raising.  For those of you who know me well.. I have a hard time asking for help ;)         However, I wanted to respect those who had asked, and let them know that I was doing the procedure again.  The only problem is that I cannot remember who asked me about it!!  I am hoping that at least this way I will be able to contact those people that had asked to help!  :)    So, those who want to give towards our trip, please contact me through email or this blog.

For now, we appreciate your continued prayers for strength for our family as we walk this road.

7 Responses
  1. soobiz Says:

    Hi Dawna, Glad you made your decision about staying close to home! Will be thinking and praying for you. Sue Bisaillon

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Love you auntie! Thanks for the update. Praying fir you guys...see you in January.

  3. alisa Says:

    Hi Dawna - I miss seeing you on fb but am glad I can still keep up with you on here. Sorry things are so hard. I will keep you in my prayers. I think you are an amazingly strong and brave person, and admire the honesty and vulnerability in your writing. Btw, we watch "Elf" every year too - LOVE that movie! I hope you get to go to New York sometime. When things are hard, take them an hour at a time, or a minute at a time. You can do anything for a minute. BLESSINGS & HEALING to you.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    Hello Dawna,

    My husband and I have been following your blog. He has MS and sought treatment in California. In fact, we just returned today. Pacific Interventionalists is the name of the clinic we went to. The procedure used actually destroyed a few key valves in veins. One in the asikus(sp?) vein and valves in both jugular veins. This is supposed to have more long term benefits without the risks of stints. Is the clinic in Washington using this method? Please keep updating your log. It has helped us a lot.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Hello Dawna,

    My husband and I have just returned from California where he received the Liberation Treatment. The doctor there uses a protocol that destroys the valves in the asikus(sp?) vein, and both jugular veins. This is supposed to have a reduced risk of restenosis and none of the problems associated with stints. Please keep blogging. Your experiences are helping us make informed choices.


  6. Unknown Says:

    Misty, what protocol are you referring to?

    I get my (2nd) procedure done in Seattle tomorrow morning!!

  7. Anonymous Says:

    Hello Dawna,

    The doctor named the procedure, but I am bad with names. The clinic we went to is called Pacific Interventionalists with Dr. Michael Arata.