Unknown
Post-Procedure ..do I look a little drugged? ha ha
Well, all I can say is WOW, am I ever impressed with the Vascular Access Center in Seattle!  Not only are all the staff friendly and accommodating, they are extremely knowledgeable professionals.   I cannot say how long my procedure lasted, as they had me under awake sedation.  I don't have the report yet, so I will provide details later. However, I was ballooned in all veins:  iliac, azygos, and both jugular veins.  I KNOW that my first procedure didn't have this much done.  I am very happy with the thoroughness of this procedure and I'm TICKLED that it was within driving distance from my home.  I didn't have to displace my children (they were with us in Seattle) and the family stayed together. They were only without their mom for five hours!   

On the other hand, the procedure was painful this time.  In Poland, I felt almost nothing during the procedure, maybe a little bit of pressure, but nothing really.  This time around, it was rather uncomfortable, especially when doing the jugular veins.  But they were quite blocked apparently.  I remember in Poland, with other people being treated with stents, their necks were quite painful after the procedure.  I had no pain after the first procedure.  I did not have any stents the first time nor did I have any this time.  Tonight, however, my neck is very stiff and sore and I'm feeling very drained -- differing greatly from my first experience.  I am hoping that perhaps I will show greater improvement than than first time around.

Well, there's my quick update.
5 Responses
  1. Miss-buggy Says:

    thanks for the updates. I have been thinking about you. Hope you get some peaceful rest tonight. Hugs


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for the update... You have been on my mind all day long. And yes, you look a "little" drugged! :) Praying that this is a good pain and that soon you will see some good results!

    ~Mandy


  3. Anonymous Says:

    So glad everything went well. We probably just wore you out and that's why you are so tired. Rest up dear sister! Love you.
    ~Dorrie


  4. Inkling Says:

    I've been praying for you and will keep it up. I still can't believe Seattle was able to do this procedure. What a blessing to not have to travel so far! Way to go at being courageous and going for it! I'll keep on praying that this procedure really was just the right thing to bring healing to you. For some reason, this update just really encourages me and I feel huge hope for you.

    love, Sara from the Bridge


  5. Anonymous Says:

    So glad to hear that you were able to have the procedure done so close to home and you didn't leave your kids again. Thanks for the update! Thinking of you. ♥